Pro-D is a versatile game development kit in C# designed for the Unity Engine. Pro-D gives you the essential tools for making games with procedurally generated content as well as various common tools for roguelike development.
Pro-D’s main features include random map generation, A* pathfinding, turn-based progression, object distribution, field of view and fog of war. The package supports use of both 2D and 3D assets even though the generation field is two dimensional.
Downloads & Versions
Pro-D is currently on version 4.2 and has only one version:
- Pro-D Total: Pro-D Total is the complete version that has all available functionality and requires a license to use. Learn about Pro-D Total here.
Pro-D requires Unity Engine:
Following is a feature list for Pro-D Total:
- Over 30 base methods and algorithms to create maps
- 12 distinct ready to use generators for a wide variety of maps
- Infrastructure that allows use of both, 2D & 3D assets
- Camera systems for player tracking and free movement
- Turn based player movement and AI system
- Fog of War with 7 different algorithms for different use-cases
- Map to texture, for previews and minimaps
- Capability to import and export maps using the popular .tmx format that allows editing randomly generated maps with third-party softwares such as third-party software Tiled.
- Fully commented code that comes with online documentation made possible by Doxygen.
- A vibrant community subreddit and a responsible dev team that promises immediate responses to all your inquiries and questions.
Games made with Pro-D
- Get Pro-D.
- Check the browser demos: Editor | 2D | 3D
- Download the manual.
- E-mail us your questions, feedback and more at Unity3D@graylakestudios.com.
- Join the community subreddit and ask others.
- Subscribe to our mailing list and get informed about updates, releases and contests.
- More info at RogueBasin!